Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the bike on Craigslist, dude said $1800 got him down to $1200. He says he has a new voltage regulator it needs to be changed, he said the battery gives out quick because of that. It's a street fighter. Anyways would you pay $1200 for it?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
So he stripped the fairings and other bits off and made it a streetfighter? I'm guessing because it's been dropped so many times the plastics are completely ruined. Not a good buy at any price.

·
Registered
33 Posts
streetfighter is another type of bike, if you will. basically naked with no luggage so you can zip through the streets.
Lol, if someone wanted a naked bike, they would not have gotten a sportsbike. What happens 99% of the time is the bike is dropped/crashed to the point the plastics are all messed up and they take all the fairings off and call it a street fighter. Seriously, who buys a supersport only to take all of the fairings off? 1 in 10000

·
Registered
176 Posts
So he stripped the fairings and other bits off and made it a streetfighter? I'm guessing because it's been dropped so many times the plastics are completely ruined. Not a good buy at any price.
Agreed. And you never know if the frame has any damage to it as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Personally I wouldn't, but that all depends on what plans you have for it. If it's just for riding and enjoying than I'd pass. I picked up an 02 with 18k for 2200. Only issue was the fairings has scratches and front cowl was cracked. But if you're stunting than why not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts