Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site requests you introduce yourself before asking questions so people know you are serious and not a post and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
Hello, I have a buddy with a 2002 Gs500 that is having what I think is carb problems. So leading up to today it stuttered really bad at 6500rmp and wouldn't go past 85mph and had a hard time revving in neutral, so I'm decent with motors so I think ok carb is clogged so I have him drive over and it does not wanna start at all. So by an absolute miracle, we got it home and pulled carbs off. the pilot was clogged and the main was slightly clogged and I was like gee this is great gonna be running awesome in no time so I get it all back together and it starts up right away but after about 10min of runtime with it seeming perfect it started to rough idle and slowly increase rmp at idle. So I turned down idle and it died and would not start and started dumping gas from the airbox drain hose. maybe I need to adjust float height? any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts