Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My daughter had jumped on my bike and knocked it over on its left side which ended up snapping my clutch lever clean off. Replaced it and now it won't start which prior to this everything was working terrifically. All the lights are coming on and checked all the fuses which everything is fine there as well but still no luck when I push in the starter button. I just started riding this year so my experience/mechanics on issues like this one isn't quit there yet. Can you guys give some assistants on this matter or help me know what to check next?

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is having a great day!

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I'm not familiar with your bike, but my first guess would be to check for a clutch switch that keeps your bike from starting if the clutch is not pulled in. That could have been broken or knocked loose when the clutch lever was broken.

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
I'm not familiar with your bike, but my first guess would be to check for a clutch switch that keeps your bike from starting if the clutch is not pulled in. That could have been broken or knocked loose when the clutch lever was broken.

Darn.... Ya beat me to it!! That would be my first thought too. Easiest way to check the switch is to pull the two connectors off and short them together with an opened paper clip... if bike starts, clutch interlock switch is bad or damaged.

If you try this, take care to not let the bare paper clip touch anything grounded.

Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts