Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a 2nd gear wheelie and landed pretty hard. After i landed, the bike shut off. It will crank but it will shut off after a few seconds. Could use some help figuring out what went wrong.

·
On The Road Again!
4,647 Posts
You obviously knocked something loose, or broke something from the shock.
You'll find that most bikes work much better, and last a lot longer, if you keep both wheels on the ground and drive them a little easier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the
You'll find that most bikes work much better, and last a lot longer, if you keep both wheels on the ground and drive them a little easier.
the whole reason I bought the bike was to do stunts. But you said something with the shock? Should I just replace the whole shock all together or see if anything came unplugged first?

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
I will need terminology I can understand. Crank is when the engine is turning when the starter button is pressed. As in cranking but not running.
Shut off implies the engine was running, as in fired up after cranking. So: Did the engine crank over ? Did it fire and run ?
What system is used to provide fuel to the engine? A fuel injector has a hard time bending a float for instance.
Shock or hard landing, could be what happened when the front wheel returned to earth. As in I was shocked to discover some dipstick stole my bike.
Shock is what the suspension unit is called to control the back wheel up and down. Your engine running problem would not be related to the rear shock, but is probably related to the shock of landing.
The hard landing may have shaken ( close enough to the past tense of shock ) something lose in the wyring department. Or it may have upset a float bowl or two in the carbs if it has them. But you did not tell us that bit, and I am not going to look it up. So Mr wheelie king, you need to be a detective and start checking on things, and give us more info.

My hands are shaking like a leaf on a tree, I'm all shook up " Elvis.

UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will need terminology I can understand. Crank is when the engine is turning when the starter button is pressed. As in cranking but not running.
Shut off implies the engine was running, as in fired up after cranking. So: Did the engine crank over ? Did it fire and run ?
What system is used to provide fuel to the engine? A fuel injector has a hard time bending a float for instance.
Shock or hard landing, could be what happened when the front wheel returned to earth. As in I was shocked to discover some dipstick stole my bike.
Shock is what the suspension unit is called to control the back wheel up and down. Your engine running problem would not be related to the rear shock, but is probably related to the shock of landing.
The hard landing may have shaken ( close enough to the past tense of shock ) something lose in the wyring department. Or it may have upset a float bowl or two in the carbs if it has them. But you did not tell us that bit, and I am not going to look it up. So Mr wheelie king, you need to be a detective and start checking on things, and give us more info.

My hands are shaking like a leaf on a tree, I'm all shook up " Elvis.

UK
U could just be helpful instead of being a sarcastic dick

·
Premium Member
10,603 Posts
It takes a lot of practice to achieve that level.
U could help your self by trying a bit harder to help your self. U provided no more info than your first post.
Who is going to fix your bike. You ? Me ? Or someone you pay to fix it ? if it is you, then you need to upgrade your skills.
Too, I have told you what to check already. Did you miss those bits? There are many connections between the battery and the spark plugs that need checking.
You need to learn what they are and check them. It could be a lose fuse, but you have not told us what type of fuses they are.
And it would help if you answered the questions I asked in my first post. If you do not do this stuff your bike could be dead for a while.
Or you could apply yourself and have it running later today.

Bon chance UK

·
Registered
168 Posts
I hate to be rude but if you want to take the risk and do stunts you need to know what could be affected when you land hard so you can take the precautions and safe guard them from a hard landing. If you don’t know how to fix the little things I wouldn’t do a stunt you see lucky when the bike cut out you didn’t get hit by a car. There is a time and place for stunts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,905 Posts
What safety switches does your bike have?

·
Ace Tuner
4,348 Posts
^ First good answer ^
But you said something with the shock? Should I just replace the whole shock all together or see if anything came unplugged first?
See Unkle Krusty's "shock" information below....
Shock is what the suspension unit is called to control the back wheel up and down. Your engine running problem would not be related to the rear shock,
^ Good information for a guy to have ^

The hard landing may have shaken ( close enough to the past tense of shock ) something lose in the wyring department.
^ Or an electronic component, or plug for said component. ... Second (^) and third (<) try ...

And I'm out... :eek:

S F

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Wheelies?

I can get this bad boy AIRBOURNE. That's 2 wheels in the air, same time.

Which of coarse means
I can just jump the corona virus

·
American Legion Rider Staff Administrator
27,442 Posts
I can get this bad boy AIRBOURNE. That's 2 wheels in the air, same time.
You won't complain when things start not working correctly either will you. You are prepared for the inevitable, right??? ;) ;) ;)

·
Ace Tuner
4,348 Posts
Wheelies?
Yeah, I don't really do wheelies anymore.
I will do what I call power-stands in first gear while twisting the throttle but that Kawasaki H2 750 triple that I looped at about 90 MPH when I was a youngster taught me about wheelies, and the value of leathers too.

S F

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.