Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

The bike is a 2001 Honda CBR600 F4i

Unfortunately, someone tried to hotwire my motorcycle, cutting the ignition wires and twisting them together. They weren't successful. I have gotten a new ignition, but now the fuel injector won't engage. I suspected that the new ignition may be bust, so I connected up the old ignition with butt connectors just to see if it would at least start. Everything worked with the exception of the the FI, still. The FI light stays on, and I don't hear any engagement. I had a power commander on it, so I then pulled that off and reconnected it stock, and still nothing. I checked the FI fuse, and it's clean and connected.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm so broke right now, even if I can't fix it myself, it would save me money to find out what the problem is and get the parts for it for someone else to fix it efficiently. It's my only vehicle and I use it to commute.

Also, if I posted this in the wrong place somehow, please forgive me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, someone else had a similar problem, and their bank angle sensor fuse was blown. It's not in the fuse box, so if mine has one of those, it's at the BAS itself, and I can't find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, someone else had a similar problem, and their bank angle sensor fuse was blown. It's not in the fuse box, so if mine has one of those, it's at the BAS itself, and I can't find it.
Never mind. Didn't realize that BAS was on the start fuse. All fuses are good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I jumped the fuel pump relay, and the fuel pump engages, but won't stop. And the bike doesn't start anyway, even when the fuel pump is going. I read that if it continuosly goes, it should be able to start anyway, and it would just be over fueling. But no go. Does this mean the pump is bad? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apparently it going continously is fine. I'm at the point where I think it might have be a borked ECU. The relays click. I tried getting it to do a self-diagnosis, but either it didn't work, or I can't figure out how to get it to work.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Hello folks,

The bike is a 2001 Honda CBR600 F4i

Unfortunately, someone tried to hotwire my motorcycle, cutting the ignition wires and twisting them together. They weren't successful. I have gotten a new ignition, but now the fuel injector won't engage. I suspected that the new ignition may be bust, so I connected up the old ignition with butt connectors just to see if it would at least start. Everything worked with the exception of the the FI, still. The FI light stays on, and I don't hear any engagement. I had a power commander on it, so I then pulled that off and reconnected it stock, and still nothing. I checked the FI fuse, and it's clean and connected.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm so broke right now, even if I can't fix it myself, it would save me money to find out what the problem is and get the parts for it for someone else to fix it efficiently. It's my only vehicle and I use it to commute.

Also, if I posted this in the wrong place somehow, please forgive me.
I've got an '06 F4i but if it's not mechanical, I'm not much help! You might check in here - https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600-f4i-101/. It's often a ghost town but occasionally an experienced old-head stops by to drop some knowledge...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts