Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I have this gas tank,,,I cant park it in garage because bike smells like gas and will stink house up, upon inspection there are no leaks or drops, however, in this photo when the tank is on the bike, if I rub my hand on the right side where the tank creases to the bottom I will get a little fuel on my hand, only in that smal section

Can somone tell me if that vent hose to properly crimped?

Can someone point me to a gasket that would fit that outlet on the bottom of tank?

TY for all the help

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awsome info

So are you saying that on mine #18 is crimped and it should not be? It should be just a straight hose venting out into air? Do you think thats the smell issue and the tank is not venting?

TY

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So should I either undo that zip tie and use that small hose or get a longer one and let it hang free? The cap appears to be OEM,,,,,,If I am smelling strong gas, and getting some on my fingers, is either hose, gasket or tank leaking somewhere? IS is more probable the tank has a small hole or the gasket / vent tube setup is in error causing this? If I pull the tank to inspect how should I proceed? TY :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts