Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a CBR 600 year 2000 it was not running when I bought it it wouldn't stay on so I took the carburetors out clean them out to put them back in now the motorcycle runs fine. now my next problem is my cluster gauges don't work so I was wondering if I should buy and Universal cluster or is there anyway I can use the 2001 (which is digital and mine is not) or am I just better off replacing it with the OEM part. Any input in this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!!! I don't know a lot about electrical stuff...but it would seem to me that a new instrument cluster will not fix the real problem, which is a wiring/power issue?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking it was the cluster because all the lights turn and the odometer shows half of some numbers the temperature gauge works sometimes and the RPM gauge is stuck halfway behind where it needs to be, it moves when it wants to, the speedometer doesn't move at all, I guess it could be a wiring problem I hope not, the person that had it before me I think you dropped it which I'm hoping damage the cluster so hopefully replacing it would fix it.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Okay, gotcha. There is a repair section here, I think you need 15 posts before you can post there, but there are some really knowledgeable guys that hang out there that will likely be really helpful to you.

There are some guys here from the area. Several in BC and eastern Washington that I know of, and certainly a couple other guys from Portland, although I can't think of who right off the bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts