Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

I have a question about the repair of my 2000 CBR600 F4.

I was recently in an accident that damaged my front end. Slid into a guard rail and bent my rim, bent both front tubes and destroyed a lot of plastics. As far as i can tell, the triple clamps are ok...i'll have to inspect them a little more just to be sure.

Cosmetics i can deal with later, but i'm having a hard time finding used parts to replace my tubes and rim with, at least of the same year and model.

My question is about used parts from different years, is there anywhere that i can look or ask about what parts from what years will fit my bike? For example, if i get front end parts from a 01 cbr 600 f4i, are they the same specs?

I will undoubtedly have a lot more questions later on. Thanks a lot guys!

Matt

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
The best thing to check is factory part numbers. If the numbers match, the part should fit in most cases.

You can look up exploded part numbers online at many parts suppliers, or the local dealership will have all the info in their parts catalog.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Another thing you can do, if you can find them, is read old magazines. For example, if you can find a Motor Cyclist magazine with the road test for a 2001 CBR600, the article should tell you about any significant changes. If they changed the fork, they would absolutely talk about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys, i found a few things i needed. This winter i'd like to get the bike back up and running as well as i can.

Another question i had was about front tube replacements. Is is worth it to buy these tubes and replace them, or should i just maybe look for an entire front end?

Difference in cost is about $150 for tubes vs $300 to $500 in the front end. The extra cost isn't exactly a HUGE issue for me, but i'f replacing kinked tubes is a LOT of work, i'd just spend the extra.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts