Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently bought a 2000 CBR fireblade (929) was running fine, now I'm not getting any spark? I pulled one of the plugs, and nothing no spark? The bike has had some not so bright previous owners, but I got a good deal so I was trying to save her,, can someone please help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently bought a 2000 Honda CBR 900 rr, was running when I bought it, until 3 or 4 days ago, wouldn't start, when I turn the key the fuel pump kicks on, checked the coils and nothing I have no spark at all at the plugs? Recently the guy I got it from said has a new stator new battery,, was running fine now won't start?

·
Registered
05 R46, & Fully worked 03 CBR954RR
48 Posts
Recently bought a 2000 Honda CBR 900 rr, was running when I bought it, until 3 or 4 days ago, wouldn't start, when I turn the key the fuel pump kicks on, checked the coils and nothing I have no spark at all at the plugs? Recently the guy I got it from said has a new stator new battery,, was running fine now won't start?
I got the slightly newer model & had the same drama, she had spark, compression, air filter good, & the fuel pump rattled away with pre start up? Then had to go deeper into each fail point, & lucky I started on the fuel part to discover the fuel module when removed & disassembled the strainer & filter was totally blocked up with this sludge, where you could hear the pump running to think the fuel side is OK, so $2 for a new strainer & 4 liters of fuel to back flush the filter, & put back together
& started 1st go! Then run a fuel tank full of motul added fuel system cleaner to clear the for sure gumming in the fuel system, & if this is your problem? For less than $20 & 2 hours of your time, your RR will be back to it's killer performance self.

·
Registered
CB125T, EX250 commuter, Ninja 250 racebike, CBR250R(MC19), VF500F, CBR600RR, VFR750F
631 Posts
With key ON, do you have full battery voltage when measuring at coil connectors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts