Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 1981 Kawasaki KE100. It was a good price, and kind of an impulse buy. After working on it for some time I seem to be stuck on an issue. The bike doesn't seem to want to idle at all and it will often die when I am at low throttle also. I can get the bike started with the choke up but if I put in down after I am underway it will then bog down and eventually die. I have cleaned the carb thoroughly and I am confident that the pilot jet is not clogged, I also have experimented with the air pilot screw and the throttle adjustment and still no dice.

If anyone has any ideas for things that I can check or other advice it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,I had similar prob after adj air screw on my jawa 125,I went on gumtree for help,got lots good advice. I cleaned carb,set air screw to 3/4 turn out,set throttle screw higher,fisst start with a bit of easy start,and Im starting/running at 95% good. ern

·
Chris
341 Posts
try cleaning the carbs, setting the idle speed, and adjusting the fuel mixture screw to two turns out.
when you clean the carbs, take them off the bike and completely take the apart use carb cleaner (spray kind) then blow compressed air through all the holes, and make sure nothing is plugged.
one a single cylinder I do that for $50 in oregon
forgot to say, two strokes have higher idles, and are much louder, so don't be shy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts