Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
No. Of course much depends on how you ride, but these bikes usually get between 36 and 45 mpg on average, is my understanding.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's quite correct, I did an average (1200 km / 725 mi) of 43 mpg.

Everything lower than 40 mpg might improve when cleaning the gas tank & lines, injectors and cylinders with a liquid specially designed for this purpose. I use at the start of each riding season Putoline Fuel Inject & Valve Cleaner, and at the end of the season (I do not ride during winter) Putoline Fuel Stabilizer. Works great, keeps all the insides clean from deposites which make the bike start/run smoother, keeps the exhaust fumes cleaner and boosts fuel economy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. Of course much depends on how you ride, but these bikes usually get between 36 and 45 mpg on average, is my understanding.
Does the 2002 VT100C come with cruise control from the factory, or, how feasible is it for a Honda Dealer to add it ? How much is the cost approx. ? TY

·
Registered
809 Posts
Personally I would not want to add cruise control if not factory equipped - which is mostly limited to high end touring bikes.

There are other options to explore - throttle locks and throttle assists (Crampbuster for example) but I am not aware of any that don't have disadvantages. Whether they outweigh the advantages or not is a personal choice.

If you find one without any disadvantages - let me know! I'd be interested as well. I have a Crampbuster but it doesn't get used much. Some - but not much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts