Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,578 Posts
Rule clarification request...
Must all pictures be of the same bike or may one use any bike they have available to them?
I would suggest any bike is Ok and add bonus points for the use of multiple bikes, I guess max points would be 7 pictures using 7 different motorcycles.
But I'd like to hear what others think...

Not all of us have 7 bikes Mike :)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Rule clarification request...
Must all pictures be of the same bike or may one use any bike they have available to them?
I would suggest any bike is Ok and add bonus points for the use of multiple bikes, I guess max points would be 7 pictures using 7 different motorcycles.
But I'd like to hear what others think...
I'm okay if guys use multiple bikes, I probably will.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
3,654 Posts
Let me guess, restaurant of our choice in Portland?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Know what happens when a UW student transfers to Oregon? The average GPA of both schools goes up ;)

·
8,709 Posts
Sounds like Fun!

I must warn you Scott that I only eat "Chicken fried Spotted Owl" when I travel in the PNW, with 4 eggs over easy, Hash Browns light, strong LOGGER Coffee and 4 pieces of Sourdough toast!(y)

After a Demoncrat President shut down a million plus logging jobs to supposedly save the 'Spotted Owl,' many restaurants in the affected States, had signs in their windows advertising their 'Spotted Owl' Specials!:cool:

My Dear Friend, Rush Limbaugh (RIP) said He'd never seen a 'Spotted Owl' that didn't have enough sense to fly to another TREE if theirs was felled. 😁

You will know my Pictures are current because they will be of me and my 'land barge,' the new BLUE Spyder!

Sam

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,212 Posts
You will know my Pictures are current because they will be of me and my 'land barge,' the new BLUE Spyder!

Sam

Dang Sam, you said you were a Amateur Extra but isn't that getting a little carried away for a antenna!!!

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sounds like Fun!

I must warn you Scott that I only eat "Chicken fried Spotted Owl" when I travel in the PNW, with 4 eggs over easy, Hash Browns light, strong LOGGER Coffee and 4 pieces of Sourdough toast!(y)

After a Demoncrat President shut down a million plus logging jobs to supposedly save the 'Spotted Owl,' many restaurants in the affected States, had signs in their windows advertising their 'Spotted Owl' Specials!:cool:

My Dear Friend, Rush Limbaugh (RIP) said He'd never seen a 'Spotted Owl' that didn't have enough sense to fly to another TREE if theirs was felled. 😁

Sam

View attachment 66175
My dad used to have a bumper sticker on his truck that said, "Due to the recent shortage of wood and paper products, wipe your ass on a spotted owl."

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So the challenge starts this Saturday and ends May 1st. Below is the original challenge as I wrote it up. If we want to alter it we should do it in the next couple days.

1st Annual May Day Picture Challenge

The rules are as follows:

Each participant will take a photo of their bike in 7 different scenarios.

1) Your bike in front of your favorite place to eat pub food.

2) Your bike in front of a motorcycle shop.

3) Your bike in front of the gas station where you fill up most often.

4) Your bike in front of a bridge.

5) Your bike in front of a body of water.

6) Your bike in front of a place where you enjoy a hobby, such as a bowling alley, gun range, book store, etc.

7) Wild card: Your bike in front of something special to you. Share a little about yourself. This can be a place on your go-to ride, your best friend, your dog, something that fascinates you. Use your imagination :)

·
Visionary
4,782 Posts
I think it's good the way it is, Saturday at 0000 it's game on!

·
Premium Member
2018 Kawasaki NINJA 650 ABS KRT
609 Posts
I have an idea that I think will be really fun. A lot of people really enjoy the picture challenge, so I wanted to do something bigger to expand on it. Here it is:

1st Annual May Day Picture Challenge

The rules are as follows:

Each participant will take a photo of their bike in 7 different scenarios.

1) Your bike in front of your favorite place to eat pub food.

2) Your bike in front of a motorcycle shop.

3) Your bike in front of the gas station where you fill up most often.

4) Your bike in front of a bridge.

5) Your bike in front of a body of water.

6) Your bike in front of a place where you enjoy a hobby, such as a bowling alley, gun range, book store, etc.

7) Wild card: Your bike in front of something special to you. Share a little about yourself. This can be a place on your go-to ride, your best friend, your dog, something that fascinates you. Use your imagination :)

After the challenge, we will put together a poll to vote on whose photos are our favorites. The top 6 vote-getters will get to choose something for next year. The wild card photo will be a sticky every year. Suggestions are welcome for sure, if anyone has any please voice them!!!

Who's in?
I'm first up!

1. The Downing Street Pour House, Hollister, MO (To the right of my bike, with the red awning). Both the French onion soup and the ride through the twisties to get there are to die for!!!

2. Marionville Powersports, Marionville, MO. They take awesome care of Sheldon for me!

3. Eagle Stop, Springfield, MO, home of sportbikes, Groms, and non-ethanol 93 octane gas!

4. The covered bridge leading back to my house, Back In The Woods, MO

5. Lake Taneycomo at Branson Landing, Branson, MO

6. My Scrabble buddy's house, Mount Vernon, MO. I go over to get clobbered weekly by an 81 year-old woman 🤣 . Scrabble is her thing, and she is good!! Note the framed Scrabble board graphic next to my bike.

7. My beautiful log home! It's our dream home and represents my family whom I love so much, the retirement we've worked so hard for, and the peaceful and freedom-loving lifestyle we treasure in the Missouri Ozarks. We are truly blessed!!!

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm first up!

1. The Downing Street Pour House, Hollister, MO (To the right of my bike, with the red awning). Both the French onion soup and the ride through the twisties to get there are to die for!!!
View attachment 67126

2. Marionville Powersports, Marionville, MO. They take awesome care of Sheldon for me!
View attachment 67127

3. Eagle Stop, Springfield, MO, home of sportbikes, Groms, and non-ethanol 93 octane gas!
View attachment 67128

4. The covered bridge leading back to my house, Back In The Woods, MO
View attachment 67129

5. Lake Taneycomo at Branson Landing, Branson, MO
View attachment 67130

6. My Scrabble buddy's house, Mount Vernon, MO. I go over to get clobbered weekly by an 81 year-old woman 🤣 . Scrabble is her thing, and she is good!! Note the framed Scrabble board graphic next to my bike.
View attachment 67131

7. My beautiful log home! It's our dream home and represents my family whom I love so much, the retirement we've worked so hard for, and the peaceful and freedom-loving lifestyle we treasure in the Missouri Ozarks. We are truly blessed!!!
View attachment 67133
Awesome job Lori!!!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,578 Posts
Good Job

21 - 40 of 47 Posts