Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an idea that I think will be really fun. A lot of people really enjoy the picture challenge, so I wanted to do something bigger to expand on it. Here it is:

1st Annual May Day Picture Challenge

The rules are as follows:

Each participant will take a photo of their bike in 7 different scenarios.

1) Your bike in front of your favorite place to eat pub food.

2) Your bike in front of a motorcycle shop.

3) Your bike in front of the gas station where you fill up most often.

4) Your bike in front of a bridge.

5) Your bike in front of a body of water.

6) Your bike in front of a place where you enjoy a hobby, such as a bowling alley, gun range, book store, etc.

7) Wild card: Your bike in front of something special to you. Share a little about yourself. This can be a place on your go-to ride, your best friend, your dog, something that fascinates you. Use your imagination :)

After the challenge, we will put together a poll to vote on whose photos are our favorites. The top 6 vote-getters will get to choose something for next year. The wild card photo will be a sticky every year. Suggestions are welcome for sure, if anyone has any please voice them!!!

Who's in?

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
So one day to get all those pictures?

No rain delays for those that don't want to get wet, cause I might melt😉

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We could maybe make it a weekend thing? I purposely made a few of them simple, like your favorite restaurant or your local filling station, so it wouldn't be too overwhelming. Nothing is set in stone.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,880 Posts

poop floats.

You could set it up to be done during the month of April, and only be posted on the 1st of May.

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Sounds like fun

Reactions: Porky

·
American Legion Rider & sub-Administrator
24,726 Posts
Just wondering, how will you know it’s a picture taken this year and not one you just happen to have in your files? I could see it happening. But everyone here is 100% honest we know. There are those hit and run posters though.

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Just wondering, how will you know it’s a picture taken this year and not one you just happen to have in your files? I could see it happening. But everyone here is 100% honest we know. There are those hit and run posters though.
I think just asking for honesty will work fine since the stakes aren't all that high, but if we seriously needed to verify that a picture was newly taken I guess a picure of a dated gas reciept from nearby and the bikes odometer ( which is what we use to certify IBA rides) in the same location would be the simplest way to prove that the person was at least in the vicinity on a motorcycle. But this would make for a lot of work with 7 pictures unless they all are in the same area.

Reactions: Stablefull

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
4,115 Posts
I think a trial run is in order for the first year.. and I just want to thank Scott for putting up the reward money that makes this all worthwhile!

·
Visionary
4,955 Posts
Rule clarification request...
Must all pictures be of the same bike or may one use any bike they have available to them?
I would suggest any bike is Ok and add bonus points for the use of multiple bikes, I guess max points would be 7 pictures using 7 different motorcycles.
But I'd like to hear what others think...

Reactions: Stablefull
1 - 20 of 47 Posts