Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I'm preparing my new ride for the warm weather and I'm having trouble with the fuel valve positions because the new paintjob is covering the letters. I recently learned this :

pointing front is : RES
pointing down is : ON
pointing back is : PRI (prime) to fill up the carbs when out of gas OR new carbs,

right ?

also, right now, my fuel tank is separated from the bike and my friend wants to know how come the fuel doesn't flow when it's on ON. I've read online that it's ''vacuum operated''. the thing is, he tried to ''vacuum it'' with his mouth but couldn't, so the question remains...

thanks in advance guys !

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi,

I'm preparing my new ride for the warm weather and I'm having trouble with the fuel valve positions because the new paintjob is covering the letters. I recently learned this :

pointing front is : RES
pointing down is : ON
pointing back is : PRI (prime) to fill up the carbs when out of gas OR new carbs,

right ?

also, right now, my fuel tank is separated from the bike and my friend wants to know how come the fuel doesn't flow when it's on ON. I've read online that it's ''vacuum operated''. the thing is, he tried to ''vacuum it'' with his mouth but couldn't, so the question remains...

thanks in advance guys !
I would get some paint remover and uncover the letters so they can be seen, unless you want to keep guessing and I would not, some one could easily run out of gas. Petcocks used to be labeled them selves and you'd pull them then paint

1 - 3 of 3 Posts