Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike has a flat spot with acceleration. Rebuilt carbs. Singed carbs. But still have a hesitation when accelerating. Runs fairly well up to about 3000 rpm but when I accelerate farther engine starts to die, almost completely. However if I open the throttle all the way it catches and takes off like it should. Any ideas why it is doing this?

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
I would do all the routine maintenance and tune up procedures.
I've heard that mid-range flat spot you describe is common (at least on my modal) at higher elevations. Maybe as low as 5 or 6 thousand feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I would do all the routine maintenance and tune up procedures.
I've heard that mid-range flat spot you describe is common (at least on my modal) at higher elevations. Maybe as low as 5 or 6 thousand feet.
I forgot to mention that I’m at the Jersey shore. Any lower and my feet will get soaked. I’ve had issues with other bikes, like you
mentioned, at higher elevations wher I had to retune for higher elevations. I have read these bikes have issues with flat spots, they recommended resetting to, I think point 1.40 jets. Haven’t tried this, I guess that is the next experiment. Thanks much for responding. Stay healthy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts