Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a 1992 ninja 250 from a buddy next week. He wrecked it doing about 50 mph on soft gravel. The bike more or less slid on its side for a short distance I don't know details. Anyways its not in too bad of shape the spedomitor got ripped off & the rpm gauge is stuck at 2g (doesn't work anymore) the shifting lever got bent around to the foot peg & the front plastic is alittle rough., I've seen worse... Here's where I need your help!, the bike turns over just fine but won't fire up & run we haven't messed with it much & I don't know much about bikes can everybody reading this give me some kind of idea of what's happening here. I really want to get this bike back in running order because its not in bad shape so any awnsers or ideas would be awsome! Thank you very much for reading I hope you can help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes its getting both & Ive tryed jump starting it etc. Could it possibly be wiring? & if so where should I start checking? It turns over just won't start. "Reminder it slide on its left side if you were sitting on the seat". Also what would a used 92 ninja 250 be worth cash value none running with some broken plastics? I'm just curious to see if I'm close to what I spent on it. Thank.you!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
If it turns over and gets spark I'd be less likely to worry about wiring and more likely to worry about correct fuel delivery. Have you checked to make sure that the carbs are fine? If the boots on the intake side or engine side of the carbs are loose or broken it probably won't start. Make sure no loose crap in the carbs got knocked up & plugged the jets, make sure the floats aren't sticking. When you say it's getting gas, where did you check for gas? Did you check the spark plug?

I wouldn't pay more than $400 for it not running with damaged plastics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts