Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the group. I have a 2992 cb750 nighthawk that I want to take the stock air box off of and put air filter pods on the carbs. However I'm not sure what to do with the extra hoses and the storage box underneath the air box. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I concidered going to the cafe racer forum, but after scouring their threads they majority of the people posting there seemed to be pretentious butt heads. I'm trying to turn it into a custom looking scrambler. I'll post pictures of the components I'm looking at in a little while. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Just make sure that you know how to return that bike to stock. You may find that you bike does not run very well when you change out the air filters.

Not trying to be pretentious or a butt head here.It is your bike to do with what you will.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2000 Nighthawk 750 that I went Cafe Racer with. Stock air box removal and exhaust baffles taken out. Everyone I talked to told me it couldn't be done and I'd never be able to keep it running. Basically no one gave me any advice, just negative opinions. Anyways, with a jet kit and some playing around, I'm racin' all over the place! The place I got the jet kit from was pretty neat. They ask you what bike you have and what you've done to it and it gives you the correct jets for what you've done. Worked like a charm. Can't remember the website, but I'll try to find it. For $50, it was well worth it.

Note: I tried adding a link to a picture of my bike, but since I'm under the 15 post threshold, It won't allow me to do so. Instagram- Meyster89 , I have a few pictures of that bike on there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I appreciate it. Classified Moto has done it to several 750 Nighthawks so I know it can be done. I would really like to see some pictures of your bike I'll look you up on Instagram. I'll show you a pic of the intake I got for mine. It was custom made for Classified Moto and I bought one from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll have to check Classified Moto out. Can't say I've hear of them. Sounds good, plenty of pictures of the cafe racer. The one I was going to post is from DGR last weekend. I got all my pods, even the mini one for hoses, from Autozone. 2 big pods instead of 4 little ones. With the frame, I wasn't able to fit single pods on the inside carbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh and I figured out what to do with those other hoses. In case anyone else wants to know you can use a breather pod.
Hey, did you get this dialed in, Sounds like I've got the same set up. I ordered the mesh aluminum air intake, the same one that Classified Moto uses from Seth Ingham. Did you get it all to work? If so can you share what you did in order to make it happen?

·
8,572 Posts
Worst thing you can do is to put the 4 individual "pod" air filters on the bike. CB750's and other 4 cyl bikes require very careful and educated tuning by someone who knows what they are doing.

Sam:coffeescreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts