Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen; After cleaning up the clutch splines and reassembled. The clutch seem to heat up and hold open and unable to shift gears. Upon cooling the clutch works.. I think that it may be the throw out bearing. Does the bearing need to be lubed on the outside? I would appreciate any help. Thanks Banjomike

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts
By 'hold open', do you mean that it slips in every gear, as if you are squeezing the lever some? If so, have you checked the pressure relief hole in the bottom of the reservoir? If that hole is blocked, pressure will build in the master cylinder from heat.

Or, do you mean the clutch won't disengage, making it drag on the transmission and prevent shifting?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1991 gspd

Thank you for the reply. The clutch drags and shifting is difficult to not working at all. It seems that the throw out bearing is heating up and sticking if I were to guess. When I installed the bearing ' I did not lube the outer sides of the bearing. Banjomike

·
Premium Member
5,768 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1991 gspd

Thanks again: The clutch is a dry clutch. Also the clutch itself was not disassembled. This is a throw out problem. Banjomike PS I just read the BMW problem solver. It talks about the throw out bearing problem. I will see if this is it . Banjomike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts