Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to repair my bike as named above. I know everything needs fixing from brakes to battery to lines to clutch to tires you name it it needs it. However I wanted to know where I should start. I want to find the cause of it not being able to crank up as well. I’d like to start small and fix those issues before I jump into any bigger problems there may be. So I know it’s broad and this will annoy some folks but just from experience in dealing with this classic from ground up where should I begin? I know this will cost money and time and I am not looking for a quick fix. Just want to do it correctly. I have been quoted $8000 to get this bike running again and I know that’s not right. Please help all replies wanted and needed. Thanks.

·
Gone.
17,854 Posts
I want to find the cause of it not being able to crank up as well.
That's where you start.

Check to see if you have an engine and drive train that is even capable of being started and running before you start fixing other stuff. If your engine needs major repairs, and the cost exceeds the value of the bike, you'd be wasting sweat and coins if you work on fixing the brakes first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.