Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I made a post here not long ago asking about the Honda CBR125's, I ended up going to a town a couple hours away to test one out, and you guys were right, taking that thing on the highway isn't a fun experience.

Long story short I found a 1987 Honda Hurricane 600cc
It's in pretty decent shape cosmetically, great shape mechanically.
The previous owners had $5000 put into engine work recently and he believes all it needs is a new battery. Maybe not even that.
I don't mind putting a little bit of work into it right off the bat, as winter is right around the corner.

I was wondering, because I'm not sure what to ask, but is there ANYTHING I should know about this bike before buying it? Anything major I should ask?
I had no clue where to find out, so I came here.
Also, what's the limit on KMs I should accept before it's too many?

Etc, all noob questions. But that's why I'm here.:thumbsdown:

Thanks,

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
Honestly, a racebike is not a good bike to start on. A lot of people will say an older racebike is okay, but there's still the fact that its a racebike. If it was built for experienced riders 20 years ago, its still only suitable for experienced riders.

·
Gone
23,907 Posts
$5000 worth of engine work on a 1987 bike? I would question that. The bike only retails for about $1500 in excellent shape and the trade in value is less than $1000.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
Yea he could buy 5 engines for that bike for 5k....I call BS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts