Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7,009 Posts
This is what I bought brand new in 1986, a Honda VF500 Interceptor. Not only was it high tech for the time and beautiful, it had the sweetest little 500cc, V4, that was smooth as silk. The 6 speed was nice also! I wish I hadn't sold it but I traded it for a new 1987 BMW R65!

Sam:)

·
American Legion Rider
20,060 Posts
This is what I bought brand new in 1986, a Honda VF500 Interceptor. Not only was it high tech for the time and beautiful, it had the sweetest little 500cc, V4, that was smooth as silk. The 6 speed was nice also! I wish I hadn't sold it but I traded it for a new 1987 BMW R65!
View attachment 61358
I liked that bike too Sam with the red, white and blue color scheme. Patriotic I thought but from a Japanese bike which seemed odd. I bet this isn't the only bike you wish you still had. But if you didn't sell them you wouldn't have that huge list of bikes you've owned either. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

·
Ace Tuner
2,191 Posts
I thought the Hurricane was Honda's first.
I guess they named them Hurricane for the USA market.

Honda's advertising was that even a Ninja has to hide from a Hurricane.
Ninja riders would say that's right...
We run so far ahead of them on the track that Ninjas can run off and hide from them.
Probably not the best advertising slogan for Honda.
(In truth, Honda was the better bike).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
View attachment 61358
that's a sweet bike! Oh that's also a good trade ;) so no worries

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the Hurricane was Honda's first.
I guess they named them Hurricane for the USA market.

Honda's advertising was that even a Ninja has to hide from a Hurricane.
Ninja riders would say that's right...
We run so far ahead of them on the track that Ninjas can run off and hide from them.
Probably not the best advertising slogan for Honda.
(In truth, Honda was the better bike).

View attachment 61363
Yep, the CBR600F was called the hurricane :D

·
On The Road Again!
2,997 Posts
A friend of mine has a '86 CBR1000 Hurricane.
Still looks like new.....with 198,000 miles on it!!
Yes, that is correct, 198,000 miles!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, hahaha, sorry but there is no excuse in this world that can justify that helmet, unless he's just trolling everyone, but the rest of his matching gear makes me think he's for real with that thing :ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts