Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Maritime Mayhem!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smiley_drinkcoffee:

Greetings from the Maritimes. I bought my bike 3 years ago now. I bought it from a dealer in NB. I had researched bikes to find something cheap to fix, reliable(mostly) and economical to buy. Plus here in New Brunswick you have to take your test on a bike bigger then a 550 to get your full licence to ride any type of motorcycle. This bike had sat at the dealers for over a year. Nobody wanted it, so they kept lowering the price. Finally it was within my range and I got the bike. I didn't have my license so I had to bring it home in the back of a truck. I then found out that I couldn't insure the bike and get a sticker for the bike without my license. In NB they have this stupid law that you cannot ride a bike with just your permit. You have to have your full license to ride. So if you're caught practicing on your bike to get ready for the final test,(on the road or in a parking lot) you are denied your final license. So you're relegated to practicing on your lawn and driveway. The bike wound up sitting in the garage for two years, until I could afford to get training from an instructor, and then go for my test. I passed first try. I had to rent a bike for an hour since I wasn't allowed to use my own bike until I was licensed. I took the test on a 600 Yamaha Radian. A week later I was riding my Savage and haven't looked back since!! I would like to hear from other Savage owners and your trials and tribulations with the bike. Happy Riding everybody!! :71baldboy:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've thought I'd like to have a 5 speed although I've never ridden a Savage 95 or later but as much torque as the little thumper has at the low end I don't know that I need the extra gear. I'd like to try one though.

·
Maritime Mayhem!
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've thought I'd like to have a 5 speed although I've never ridden a Savage 95 or later but as much torque as the little thumper has at the low end I don't know that I need the extra gear. I'd like to try one though.
:thumbsup: They say that the 5th gear makes for a better highway ride, but if you like the feel of power and torque on a twisty, hilly road..(my fave)..you need to be ridin' the 4 speed. The power band is quite different!! I don't do too many long rides on the highway. My crew tends to stick to the secondary roads, they are more entertaining, plus if you just want to cruise at 70 to 90 km/hr, they're the best places to be. So for all the highway driving I do, I don't miss the extra gear! Cheers!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts