Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I could be wrong but that looks like a "darksider", ie, it uses a car rear tire. Again, I might be wrong... it just has a VERY flat profile. The problem with a bike like that is you can't lean it over that far. Not a big deal on the big baggers and such that will scrape hard parts before it's an issue, but on that bike I can see you lowsiding if you're not very careful.

Also, there's NO padding in that seat. Shocks alone aren't enough. You're going to HATE riding that thing for more then a few miles, at least that's my bet. And short, straight pipes mean LOUD. Maybe it won't be too bad on a parallel twin....

While it looks like a cool bike, I just couldn't imagine riding it for more then a few minutes.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
That's a motorcycle tire on the back. The middle is so flat because it keeps hitting the bottom of the seat. If you're going to do something like that, it should be a hard tail, no rear suspension.

Rant time. I see a LOT of bobbers like this for sale. I suspect it's because THEY SUCK! It's tough riding something like that with the rear tire constantly rubbing your behind so they sell the bike to some unsuspecting schlub who thinks it looks cool.

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
This may be a dumb question to some but I'm going to ask it anyway... Why would you remove the rear fender? Doesn't that let all kinds of stuff get thrown up on you? I would hate to get caught out in the rain on that.

I agree with the others, I don't think I could ride that very long/far. It's neat looking but not for me...I like to ride too much.

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
This may be a dumb question to some but I'm going to ask it anyway... Why would you remove the rear fender? Doesn't that let all kinds of stuff get thrown up on you? I would hate to get caught out in the rain on that.

I agree with the others, I don't think I could ride that very long/far. It's neat looking but not for me...I like to ride too much.
You are very correct. They suck in the rain. The tire on my bobber doesn't rub, but when riding in the rain the tire throws all the water directly under my coat, hoodie and shirt and up my back. It doesn't throw rocks and stuff at me, though, just water.

To the OP: I like that bobber. I'd do something more with the exhaust, but thats just my personal preference. Also, there is far more comfortable seats out there that will give off the same look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts