Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have one of these? If so please hit me up i just bought one and have some questions about finding parts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a gouged up left side front rotor, not sure if i can machine it smooth again?

All my plastics are in good shape, the seats are nice. I am thinking of building an 1199 out of it, just a nice big street brawler to ride out on the hwy as well. I am looking for a set of 34-36 smooth bore or flat side carbs.

So far i have removed all the pits from the rear wheel, and got it looking like a satin finish on the bare aluminum. The gold paint is still in nice shape.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will post some actual pics of my progress now that i can post pics on the site. My faring have stripes on them too? the bike may have been different being a Canadian bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New plan for the bike. I dropped off the rear wheel today after polishing it up for the tire to be mounted. It goes down to the shop for front tire and fork seals, brake fluid flush and engine tune valve lash compression test. I also ordered a dyno jet kit for the carbs and air filters. Will ride bike this summer and decide if i want to hang onto it and install the 1199 big bore kit with cams and head work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well it looks like this bike is going to stay stock? No aftermarket parts available for it anymore. I can see it going down the road real soon. Any body interested in buying it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its at the shop right now getting a going over. we pulled off the tires, and i polished the 2 aluminum lips on the wheels, to a natural finish. Installed New tires, new sprocket and chain, new battery, go through the carbs, compression test and valve lash adjustment. New braided brake lines, flush brake fluid, fork seals and starter brush kit. sync carbs, and a K&N air filter in the box. Going to start riding it here in a couple of Months, after the snow is gone. Will let you know what i think of it after that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spent 6 hours cleaning and assembly today. I am still waiting for a relay module, then the tank can go on and we are riding in a month.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice bike, big and clunky, not like the newer GSXR-1000 i have, This old bike commands some respect when riding it thats for sure.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts