Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a build page since I'm going to be slowly getting things done here. 1983 Suzuki GS1100L, currently jetted and running V&H pipe with some interesting mirrors.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Ya, please do! Can't wait to see it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also went ahead and took care of protecting my melon. Both are plasti-dip. Full face with shield is a Fulmer, one on the left was an old off road helmet I grabbed on CL for $10. The Fulmer I got from a friend that sold his ride after having kids. Had a tribal design on it, and I'm a flat black guy anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Wow, that's beautiful. My first 2 bikes were a GS550, then a GS850. Had a chance to get one with a locked rear wheel for $200, but I had no way of knowing what else was wrong with it...Seeing these pics makes me want to see if he still has it for sale...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I realize this may be outdated or off subject, however I need to post 3 times before I can make my own post. I am trying to rebuild my original 1983 GS1100ES tachometer and I am having some trouble on where to attach the 2 wires for the battery light. Does anyone out there have a schematic of the tach wiring or can maybe furnish images as to where all 9 lights attach on wiring harness. Thank you all in advance for any info you might have.

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
Morning yajirobeus ,

I picked up a clean 1983 GS1100 last summer but have not had time to mess with it. It is a clean original bike and it came with a nice clean factory service manual. I've scanned the electrical section into a PDF file and will be more than happy to email it to you.

I tried to attach the files to a message but it wouldn't attach it. Files are 8 meg each so that may be the problem. Sooo, send me a PM with your email address and I will forward the files to you. There are 2 files because the manual is written on both sides and my old scanner only does one side at a time.

I'll be happy to share any info I have with you during your project. I need to get my other projects finished before I start messing with my bike.

Cheers!

Skip

1 - 13 of 13 Posts