Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This motorcycle was bought by a guy to help his wife learn to ride and then got rid of it to a military guy and it sat in storage for like 10-15 years. It's literally mint condition and just turned and has 11k miles on it. I got it for next to nothing because It didnt have a title. But long story short I eventually hunted down the previous owner and got a title. I bought the bike for 200.00

My question is how much is this bike worth? Like I said this bike is mint condition and I am looking to sell it and I never owned a motorcycle like this can you guys help me on a going price for this motorcycle?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
My question is how much is this bike worth? Like I said this bike is mint condition and I am looking to sell it and I never owned a motorcycle like this can you guys help me on a going price for this motorcycle?
Well, it is definitely worth more than $200, so you should make a nice profit on your buy! Best bet is to check Craigslist in your surrounding area and see what price other Magnas are going for. I'm thinking you could make at least 10X your initial cost... if it runs.

Reactions: GatorJoe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it runs perfect thankfully for me the person who put it in storage drained the fluids so I had no problems I started it right up I had a hard time getting the air out of the mater cylinder but did it and I have a tiny leak coming from the master cylinder so I am ordering pretty much a rebuild kit for it and I think the leak is coming from that brass fitting in the clutch handle. But yes it runs perfect. I changed the oil and oil filter and the air filter and she runs perfect so smooth too. I looked up a lot of hondas 1983 magna but all I can find are part bikes and ones that are pretty much reached out so I figured I would ask some people that are more familiar with motorcycles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a new one first year they came out in 82. I think i paid $3500 back then. I’d think it’s a collectors item and worth a lot.

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
Spend a little cash getting it running like it looks .. Should make a nice profit .. No Question Tires need replacing and all Fluids Flushed & Changed with some critical related parts needing to be replaced .. Thing about a Ride like this have to find the right buyer ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts