1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad::confused:
bought this last fall for daughter #4.
Rode it home (100+ miles).
I didn't winterize it, but did add stabil and ran it once a week.
Last week pulled off the wheels to replace tires, also put new chain on.
After re-assembly, I went to start...engine cranked over, then nothing.Not even a click-click.
Battery fully charged, all lights and horn working. Looked for fuse box.....where the hell is it?
Ordered a new solenoid, but if thats not it....?
Any Ideas?
everything seem connected

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I'm not familiar with that exact model but the fuse box is usually in one of two locations. Under the seat (front or rear), or behind one of the side panels. There may also be an in-line fuse from the (+) side of the battery.

Did you check the battery fully? Voltage test, load test (starting), charging test (running). A battery can show 12 volts by itself but not have enough strength to activate the starter.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I had the same trouble looking for the fuse box on my Virago. Mine was behind the indicator lights. I had to unscrew the cover and all my fuses were behind there. Maybe that will help.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Personally, I would go through and make sure the important connections are all clean and in good shape, then start testing backwards from the starter - check for voltage with the start button pressed. Do you have a test light or multi-meter?

I'm not sure about your bike, but many have safety switches on the clutch and side stand which will disable the starter circuit if things aren't in the desired position.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still no start

swapped the battery with the one from my Bandit....no change. No fuse box under seat or side covers. Found one inline fuse by the ignition. That kills everything. Looked ok, swapped it out anyway...nothing. I'll pull the tank tomorrow and check around the steering head too. I had a GS650E back in the day and knew there was a fuse box on that because I put a windjammer on it and blew the head light fuse at some point, can't remember where it was....getting old.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I did some searching, and it looks to me like that is the only fuse (no fuse box). You could jumper directly from the battery to the starter to test starter. It sounds dumb, but try flipping the run/kill switch a few times. I once spent 10 minutes trying to pull start a buddy's quad in the woods only to find he had bumped his kill switch.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
What was the part?

·
Greatest Member Ever
662 Posts
and that would have been my suggestion to you had I seen this post back then. Jump the starter solenoid with a a wrench, if it starts, there ya go...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts