Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a family member had it sitting in his back yard for over 20 years hes given it to me to do with as I please. A lot of work needs to be done but first things first, the engine needs to run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the carburetors have been pulled out (a painful two hour process) and found that carb two and 3 don't move. after cleaning them all they all rise and fall in relative sync but not exactly equal. Will this effect the bike too badly? also durring carb 2 had its bottom seal rip on me so ill need to find another one of those before it goes back. Carb two's diaphram seemed to not fit exactly right and the piston falls ever so slightly than the others, another thing to check before it goes back on the bike. Has anyone ever bought carburetor seals for this bike before? im having troubles finding this exact bike carb seals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also if I take out the air box and switch it for pods will i need to re jet or will a tune up be enough?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this bike i found has two types of spark plugs. theyre all kng but 2 and 3 are threaded and 1 and 4 have the plug tops is this correct or should they all be the same? or does i matter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
carb update: I opened them all up and made sure everything was in order and that theyre extra clean and something right happened heyre falling in much more sync now. waiting for they gasket to put it back in the bike now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts