Motorcycle Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1981 xj650 maxim

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  That one guy 
#1 ·
This site requests you introduce yourself as one of your first few posts so people know you are serious and not a hit and run type poster. Introductions found here ... https://www.motorcycleforum.com/forums/new-member-introduction.305/
So i bought a 81 xj650 maxim. When i bought the bike it started and rode like a wet dream. Now im having troubles starting it. Heres exactly what happened before it stopped starting.
I drained the carbs because the bike was flooded. But thats beside the point. Then i put some regular gas i had in a gas can thatd been sitting in my truck for a while. Then i took off the battery and put it back on.
The starter runs when the switch is depressed but the motor wont turn over. I tried clutch kicking it and all i got was very minimal sputtering while still holding the starter down. I really hope its the gasoline because i have no idea how to track down an electrical issue.
Please help i love the bike and it rides great. I know its somthing I did and that upsets me. Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.