Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sad to let it go, but I just got a new bike and only have room for one... Twinstar is a great city bike (I drove it daily to work), beginner bike, or solid start for a cafe racer. Overall, in great condition. Chrome and paint are good, engine is strong, and all lights/electronics work perfectly. I did replace the original engine with another engine (OEM engine from a 1982 Twinstar, which is identical to the 1981 Twinstar engine); the "new" engine has 9,000 miles on it (3,500 more than the bike overall) and is very strong (I replaced all gaskets/seals required during swap).

Also comes with Honda Shop Manual (which is in great condition).

There are two minor things with the bike, however:
-The starter does not work fully. The starter motor works, but the solenoid does not engage, so it just spins/does not contact the engine when the starter button is used. But, it starts every time on the first kick.
-The clutch is just starting to slip, but only under maximum stress. It only slips if you "work" to get it to slip, if you will (if you blip the throttle and then get on it hard in 4th, it will slip a bit...but if you are in 4th and give it full throttle it doesn't slip). But under normal driving it doesn't slip at all. The current clutch can easily take a few more thousand miles before needing replacement.

**TO ADDRESS THE CLUTCH AND STARTER ISSUES, I'M INCLUDING THE OEM ENGINE WHICH HAS A PERFECTLY WORKING CLUTCH AND STARTER.**
-The starter on the OEM engine works perfectly, as does the clutch. I just don't have the time and space to swap these components, which is why I'm including the new engine with this bike.
-Other specs to note on the extra engine: the left cylinder compression is great @ 145PSI, the right is a bit low @ 120PSI. The right side spark plug threads are also stripped. So, not perfect, but it is solid base for a rebuild/part out.

I'm in Milwaukee, WI.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Damn dude take a breath, bikes don't sell in 5 minutes. At this rate people are just going to wait 12 more days when you are giving it away before they speak up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn dude take a breath, bikes don't sell in 5 minutes. At this rate people are just going to wait 12 more days when you are giving it away before they speak up.
Haha, fair eough. All the emojis were just to get my post count up so I can have edit rights (I hope it works like that anyway). And too that point, I would have just edited the price in the original post, but I can't, hence the post updates. I started high on the price, but am lowering it to a more realistic price in hopes I can sell it quicker...

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Edit rights when you have them only stick around for about 15 minutes and then they disappear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts