Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im in the process of restoring my kz1000 and have hit a snag in the wiring. This is my first project and None of the numbers match, wiring harness is in shambles, complete chop and stretch on the rear, and there appears to be more than one piece missing from the electrical assembly.(assuming scavenged for seperate project) shes an awesome bike tons of new parts however i've got to get her wired to start before anything else. Am i better off building a harness from scratch? Are there compatible universal wiring harnesses? Would it be better to use an updated system or simplify with chopper esque setup? And most importantly, what Needs power to get the bike running on a kickstart only system? Thanks for any and all assistance.
Sincerely,
Drowning noob.

·
Very Famous Person
10,029 Posts
--

One option would be to contact some custom bike builders in your area (wherever that might be) and ask them if they could do the job. Or you may be able to pay them for an hour's worth of labor to look at your bike and quick diagram what it needs so you can do the labor. Then too, you may find more help on a Kawasaki dedicated web site.

--

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.