Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i purchased a basic rebuild kit online for my two carbs but i got kinda stumped when i had extra o rings left over and couldn't figure out were they went. i replaced the fuel rail o rings & the tiny idle pin o ring but have no idea were the rest go? or are they just extra for different builds of carbs? this picture shows what the kit contains

second pic is what i have left IMAG0700.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I just bought a 1981 honda cm400t and the guy gave me a carb that was already apart but has all he pieces, i have cleaned it now and have put it back together but i have these pieces (circled in red in picture) left over, can anyone tell me what they are and where they go. Thanks a lot! PS my first motorcycle so still learning about it all.
Matt

Attachments

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
It looks like some sort of jet needle guide or spacer.

Just a guess. Someone that works on Hondas will likely be along that can give you a real answer.

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
Yup, looks like the needle jet, which lives above the main jet and emulsion tube. It sort of sticks through the carb body into the throat, and may need to be gently drifted out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Those pics were super helpful, guided me through putting it back together and found where the piece goes, thanks a lot for the help, now just need to get a pair of boots that connect the carb to the manifold....didnt get those when i bought the bike. thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
454 Posts
no problem. idk who that guy is that posted that, but that accelerator pump had some serious buildup on it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts