Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me know what you guys think, you have a lot more experience than i do...
I've got a '80 GS250, I took the airbox off, put on a couple of chrome/cone filter things instead, and the orginal main jets are 115's... what should I "up" them to if it's gonna be gettin a little more air? (assuming up) and no, i dont live way up in the mtns or anything like that... pritty close to sea level... but yeah, lemmi know what you guys think... any and all responses are appreciated...
thanx
-Ryan

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you have access to a local motorcycle shop, ask their parts and service guys what they would increase it to. Keep in mind you might need to change the main and the pilot jets, and perhaps even adjust the needle. Carb tuning is truly an artform, and not for the faint at heart. Or the cash poor.

Last time I did a carb, just a single, I finished up 3 sizes up on the main, and 2 sizes up on the pilot, and the needle dropped in one click. Goofy setup, and it was with a unifilter and a huge aftermarket exhaust.

Seriously, check with a pro, and see what they recommend. It's not hard, it's just a painful process, IMHO.

loudest143

·
Registered
1 Posts
Di
let me know what you guys think, you have a lot more experience than i do...
I've got a '80 GS250, I took the airbox off, put on a couple of chrome/cone filter things instead, and the orginal main jets are 115's... what should I "up" them to if it's gonna be gettin a little more air? (assuming up) and no, i dont live way up in the mtns or anything like that... pritty close to sea level... but yeah, lemmi know what you guys think... any and all responses are appreciated...
thanx
-Ryan
did this ever get resolved ? I have the exact bike and trying to do the exact air pod conversion at slightly above sea level but really close to sea level

·
American Legion Rider
21,099 Posts
Not likely anyone from 2008 will remember if it got resolved but maybe someone more recent might have a similar issue that can help but I wouldn't hold my breath. Unfortunately far too many never let us know the outcome of their issues as this 2008 post attests.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Di

did this ever get resolved ? I have the exact bike and trying to do the exact air pod conversion at slightly above sea level but really close to sea level
Hi,
If you could send me a picture of your carburetor and what type of filters you are using I might can help you out, I have jetted quite a few carburetors without a jet kit before. What type of individual air filters you put on makes a difference, a K+N will let more air come in then a cheap one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts