Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a '79 Suzuki GS750 as my first bike of my own, I've been riding off and on for the past two years. So in was right after all the snow melted, lots of gravel on the ground didn't see a patch on a turn, laid it out a block from my house. To the best of my knowledge, I sheered and shattered the ignition cover on the right, busted the condensers and screwed up the contact points, and I think the end of the crankshaft is bent. Again that's my understanding of what I saw (pics included). What I'm wondering mostly what's gotta be done to that shaft, if it's possible to fix without replacing it as a whole. Any other insight or advice is great appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
once a crankshaft bends, the lobes will be unaligned. you can probably take it to a machine shop to see what they can do but odds are they will charge just to look at it. your best bet and most money saving bet is to buy a new crankshaft. or if you do not want to pay the labor fees of taking apart the jug, just buy a new engine they aren't very expensive. I actually have a gsx 750 engine sitting in my garage that im not using because the clutch needs to be aligned. I would be more than happy to sell it to you because it seems like your clutch is fine. or, just sell your bike, see what you can get out of it and buy a new one. I say all this because that entire crankcase is destroyed. odds are, it will never fit right again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts