Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first bike, it's a 79 Suzuki GS550L, and when I got it it wouldn't start. I took the tank off and throughly cleaned it, changed the fuel filter, and put premium gas in it and it fired right up. It idles at around 4000 RPM which I know is not right at all, I have to give it a lot of throttle to take off without it dieing, and when I shift to second and hit 30 MPH it just bogs down and wont go any faster. My guess is the carbs need rebuilt and properly adjusted, so my question is does anyone know where I can get this done at a reasonable price in the Reno, NV area?

·
Registered
30 Posts
check the vacuum lines, especially the big one from your air box, same thing happened with my roomate after he worked on something and had his tank and air box off. hooked the vacuum line back up and ran good again

·
Banned
4,381 Posts
I just got my first bike, it's a 79 Suzuki GS550L, and when I got it it wouldn't start. I took the tank off and throughly cleaned it, changed the fuel filter, and put premium gas in it and it fired right up. It idles at around 4000 RPM which I know is not right at all, I have to give it a lot of throttle to take off without it dieing, and when I shift to second and hit 30 MPH it just bogs down and wont go any faster. My guess is the carbs need rebuilt and properly adjusted, so my question is does anyone know where I can get this done at a reasonable price in the Reno, NV area?
Contact "Renobruce" on this forum. He does Suzuki carb. rebuilding all of the time.
He also polishes or paints them to order. :thumbsup:

Eric :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts