Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. I pulled my carbs tore them completely down and replaced every gasket and O-ring. I bench synced them. I carefully measured, checked and rechecked the float levels. Everything lubed with Marvel Mystery Oil because it was going to sit a month while I painted my frame, tank, etc.

After completion, I put the carbs back on and primed the system from the tank for three seconds before switching the petcock back to "On" position. Fuel dripped out of the bowl overflow tubes, stopped, then began running like a river out of the carbs themselves.

The tank was on the bike, so it was hard to get a good view of where the fuel was coming from. It appeared to be coming from the lower half of the carb, waterfalling from the engine side of the carbs. It almost looked like it was coming from around the manifold boots?

I suspect it is a float problem, but the fact that no fuel came out of the new overflow lines makes me scratch my head and wonder. All the screws are tight - I double checked.

It did start and ran like a champ. Both the bike and the gas leak, that is...

Any thoughts? BTW, the gas RUINED my frame paint. Grrr!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it!

Wooden dowel and a hammer. Tap, tap, tap on each carb. No more leaks! Floats must have stuck after sitting off the bike for so long!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts