Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Is the bowl getting fuel? You can check by opening the drain screw. If the bowl is filling with fuel, my suggestion is to remove to carb and do a complete cleaning again, making sure there was nothing done wrong in the reassembly. Another thing to watch for (I recently had this problem) is that some rebuild kits can contain parts which are not to spec with the originals. CAREFULLY compare all the main jet parts (especially the jet guide) with the original that you replaced. I recently had an issue with a main jet guide from (carb specific) rebuild kit that was barely noticeably different from the original, that caused me to pull my hair out.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
First off, don't be scared of a "soft seat". You will be able to tell when it hits bottom, just don't try to "tighten" it to the bottom. then back it out to the OEM specs.

As far as specific jet sizes, I can't speak to that specific model. I find that when in doubt, I check a site like BikeBandit, look at the diagrams for the carb and use the sizes that are shown for OEM.

Lastly, I must tell you that I only consider soaking as a single step in the proper cleaning of a carb. All ports should be cleared (I use compressed air), and very small, barely visible, holes (like the one that feeds the idle) are best cleared with a very fine wire, like a small guitar string.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.