Motorcycle Forum banner

1978 Kawasaki ke100

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Gobot253 
#1 ·
I just Acquired a 1978 Kawasaki KE100. I am completely new to the motorcycle world and was wondering where is the best place online to look for parts and or a new engine? I’ve been look on eBay already but just Curious if there is other sites to look at. Thank you much!

#5 ·
I had a 1978 KE100. It was my very first ride ever (beside the Honda 79 PA50 if that counts at all). My Dad would ride it to work as a commuter and loved to work on it, well when things went well. It was the first bike I ever saw the motor removed from the bike torn down and reassembled. I remember he done it all on a Sunday, it was early summer late spring and the wind was blowing through the garage and he laid the piston on the book to keep the pages from blowing around and he used a drill and was putting the crosshatch back in the jug. He got it together and got it running tweaked the carb a minute and handed it off to me told me to go test ride it. I came back and he asked me what I thought of it. I remember saying thought it was running really good and thought he should go ride it and he told me "nah it was not mine no more." I remember being confused what he meant and him explaining to me that he wanted me to have it and my watching him work on it proved to him I would have something invested in it. I rode it until I turned 17, someone stole it while I was in boot camp, and it was recovered to never run again.

Anyway they parts can be had at any Kawi stealership they made them for several years and like afore mentioned as well as can be sourced Ron Ayers, Mr Cycle, Ebay etc.

#6 ·
That is an awesome story! Thank you for sharing:) this is my first bike as well. My uncle used to drive me around on it when I was young and he blew the top end on it about 15 years ago or so. He gave it to my step dad and it’s been in his shed ever since. So I’m excited to see if I can get it going again. I told my uncle just the other day and he is stoked. He didn’t know it was still around .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.