Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I'm Israel but you can call me Izzy. I am in need of a " switch change" for my 1978 Hondamatic 400. I restored the bike but, the switch change is missing. Please notify me if you know where I can get one or if you have one to sell. I would really appreciate your help on this matter.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. Will be following the Forum regularly. I hope to tap into and share information with the group. I have four motorcycle that I have restored. They are a 1978 Hondamatic 400. A 1983 honda nighthawk 650. A 1976 CB 360 twin and a 1978 Yamaha 400XS. I still have a few spare parts for all the models. Hope to hear from other members in the near future. Again, thanks for the come-back.

·
Secret Agent
2006 Honda CBR1000RR, 2008 Honda CRF230L, 2019 Honda CRF1000L
1,711 Posts
Welcome from Kansas!

·
Moderator - Motorcycle Repair, Building, Restore
3,874 Posts
Welcome from Granite Falls, WA.

I have to ask, and I can tell that maybe English isn't your first language so please don't be offended...what is a "switch change?" A switch of some type?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A switch change is a device similar to an oil pressure sensor switch, that relays the gear you are in to the gage cluster. It is located atop of the gearshift housing of the engine. I would send pictures but, I haven't yet learned to transfer pictures from other sources to on-line devices. You see, I'm 73 years old and new technology just isn't my cup of tea. I am trying though. Thanks for the response.

·
American Legion Rider
22,194 Posts
You see, I'm 73 years old and new technology just isn't my cup of tea. I am trying though.
Keep at it. Some of us old farts have proven old dogs can in fact learn new tricks. I can't put my fingers on any but there are several posts with step by step instructions on how to do just what you want. If you learn by seeing, there may even be some YouTube videos showing the process but I haven't looked to prove that. I just know I see YouTube stuff all the time showing how to do something I just pulled my hair out trying to learn and there was a simple 123 step by step there I could have saved some hair on. You'll get there though.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
13,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum Izzy

·
13,310 Posts
I spent almost 3 years there on two different ships, an AO and an AFS.

Reactions: Porky

·
13,310 Posts
I was on the USS Niagara Fall AFS-3 for one year. Hated it. The jungles in Viet- Nam were better for me.
I was on the Niagara Falls as well. Went on board when she was in Sasabo and when she transferred back to Mare Island for retrofit. Was still on board when she went back the the line and transferred off during a port visit in Bangkok. Took 3 weeks to get back to the USA and start my leave.

I was a box kicker in hold 4 and then 3.

Reactions: Porky

·
7,937 Posts
I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Air support was sure welcome by all branches. B52's rule. :)

USAF: Aug 12, 1966 till Nov 24, 1970.

Sam:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts