Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 78 hawk cb400II and the left turn signal doesn't blink. The light works until I try to activate the turn signal and then it just turns off -- no light. When I turn the signal off, the light just comes on again like normal. Both front and back. The right signal works and blinks like it should. Also, there is no noticeable difference between the low beams and high beams? Any thoughts?

Also, the auto start will sound like it's trying to start the bike but the engine doesn't engage. Kick works fine.

Oh, and I have a three ignition key. Obviously, position 1 is off. I can't tell any difference between positions 2 and 3. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
16,263 Posts
We are talking front turn signal correct? It is a 2 filament bulb and the turn element is burned out. Replace the bulb.
Check your battery it may be on it's last legs for your starting issue. Have the battery load tested.
2 and 3, one will be the run position and the other should be accessory or have your tail light on for parking. If it will run in both positions then it is probably that one is for day time and the other for night time. One will turn the lights on, the other lets it run without a headlight and tail light. My best guess anyway

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.