Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I got 1978 Honda cr250r rebuild it from the ground up.i try to start it and its flooding the eng. and bouging rly bad. fuel coming at the front of pipe spitting all over the front of the motor.carb is freshly rebuilt and the slid needle clip is at the top as well. float level is right new seat and needle new pilet jet as well .fresh 40 over bore ,I can shut the fuel off whil running and as it starts to run out it cleans up and runs great ? it has the stock 185 main jet as well ? 32-1 mix. I have drop the mix ratio all the way down to 50-1 and it didn't change anything. could the slid needle be worn down and its not shuting off the fuel right .im at the end of rope hagging on with 1 hand and now one well help me fix it ? lol thx man lol

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
If your bowl drain has a tube that you can connect a length of clear tubing, try curving that tubing up in a U shape (no kinks), then open the drain and fuel valve. The level should stop a short distance below the bowl seat, about the distance as the float level is set mechanically. If it fills much higher than that, the float may not actually float. If it is hollow brass, there could be a small leak filling it with fuel; if it is plastic and foam, it could be soaking up fuel. Either way, replacement may be the better option, if you can find them.

If that seems alright, try removing the bowl and check to see if the jets are still in place; sometimes they back out and fall in the bowl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your bowl drain has a tube that you can connect a length of clear tubing, try curving that tubing up in a U shape (no kinks), then open the drain and fuel valve. The level should stop a short distance below the bowl seat, about the distance as the float level is set mechanically. If it fills much higher than that, the float may not actually float. If it is hollow brass, there could be a small leak filling it with fuel; if it is plastic and foam, it could be soaking up fuel. Either way, replacement may be the better option, if you can find them.

If that seems alright, try removing the bowl and check to see if the jets are still in place; sometimes they back out and fall in the bowl.
wow lol see that's the kinda stuff I like to hear because I never thought of that yet thx ill take a look and try it and see wwhat I come with thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts