Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

My name is George from the snowy cold state of Maine. I recently picked up a 1975 TS 125 for 400.00.
It runs, drives, stops etc. Defiantly needs some tlc. No lights work (gotta figure that out) tach and Thorpe cables froze up.

Looking for thoughts on the bike, comments, known issues, things I need to do for reliability purposes. Trips and tricks on this ol girl. Etc. I plan on restoring it for a decent little trail bike for my dad.

Thanks all
George

·
Female Rider
9,311 Posts
Welcome to the Forum George. Since you say you plan on restoring it you might want to check out Graceshredder's resto threads. There are several. He also has an ongoing story called Shredder's Stable that you might enjoy.

Good luck with your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey all

First off I made a mistake it is a 1973.
I picked up the 1973 Suzuki TS125 today. Got it for 400.00. It runs, I drove it onto the truck. It needs more work then I had hoped.
Ok so I got the bike stripped down today to see what it is going to need. It is going to need a good amount of work.
There is no oil tank on the bike. They plugged the two oil lines going to the engine. They were running just premix. Is that ok to do on this model? If so I will run it the same way. This is not going to be a show bike, just a trail beater.
It also has no battery box, battery. The only wiring it has is to the magneto, so it has a working headlight. I am trying to decide the best route to go with this bike without spending a fortune on it. Any thoughts, help, advice, would be great.
Anyone have any parts they want to sell for this model?
Few things it will need:
Tach cable
Oil tank, fittings, cable
Seat cover
Front sprocket cover
Fork dust boot
Exhaust cushion
Clutch output shaft seal

Thanks all
George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well trying to register on that site you left a link to. I am not seeing a confirmation image to put in so I can join.

You say you have the exact same bike. Do you have a help to offer?
Can this bike be run soley on pre-mix? I am missing the oil tank and lines.

Thanks
George

·
Registered
126 Posts
George:
I see that you've successfully registered on Suzuki TS and posted up a thread with your questions. Three pages of responses already! Looks like you have found specific and helpful advice already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts