Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, im new to this thread. But I recently just purchased a 1975 honda CB360T, replaced the battery, cleaned the inside of the gas tank and put fresh gas in it, new oil, started right up and seemed to be getting 6000 ish rpms while in neutral. Well i took it down the road and as soon as i shifted into second gear all rpms were lost, it wouldnt go over 25mph! i thought well maybe 2nd gear just sucks, i shifted into 3rd and it almost stalled out, Help! Im not sure what to check maybe the points are bad or the coil?

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
Points are probably 40 years old. The fuel filters are probably clogged and 40 years old too, especially since you cleaned out the tank. The 360 also has a problem shorting out the resistor plugs, I usually just change mine every spring when I get it ready to ride.

It does sound to me like a fuel problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, ill check the filters and points and the resistor plugs, im thinking it has something to do with the clutch as well, because it feels like im not even engaging when i shift or anything, ill check what you said first that way i dont dig in right away

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just about to clean the carbs now, and no as of now i cant, i switched into 3rd its the same as 2nd not getting any rpms, and 4th it almost stalls out..obviously lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
just about to clean the carbs now, and no as of now i cant, i switched into 3rd its the same as 2nd not getting any rpms, and 4th it almost stalls out..obviously lol.
It took three times for me to get all the nooks and crannys clean on my sr250. I bet those carbs are easy to mess with just like mine...Its gonna only help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats true, the bowls were super nasty, ill let them soak in some carb cleaner and parts washer fluid over night and see how they look in the morning, thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah thats true, the bowls were super nasty, ill let them soak in some carb cleaner and parts washer fluid over night and see how they look in the morning, thanks!
Pull all the jets for sure and the rest of the gizmos and jeejaws...if the jets are at all blown out or hard caked crap... new jets are cheap and I swear clean jets will really help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts