Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to fix up a 1974 Suzuki TS185, and unfortunately the previous owner bent the forks and attempted to straighten them back out (unsuccessfully). I'm having trouble finding a pair of forks that are suitable to replace the current bent ones, and was wondering if anyone on here might have some clues/advise for me! The fork diameter measures 30mm (which is apparently an uncommon size?), and I'm aware that there are some bikes around that have the same diameter tubes, however have no idea if any of them will be suitable for the front axel of my bike!

Any tips, advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Choose wisely, there are a few sets...
Hey Mike721,

I have had a look around on eBay, but unfortunately the seller of those forks isn't sure which model they've have come from. From what I've been told, the forks are really model specific in the TS185's, and the diameter and dimensions change every year, with every model! Thanks for the suggestion though!

·
Visionary
5,074 Posts
The only substantial used bike parts I've bought was a set of forks for my stepdaughters Marauder, I bought those on ebay, but they all interchange apparently so it was an easy decision...or I was really lucky.

I've heard good things online about this place but never used them myself...
http://pinwallcycle.com/

Maybe look for a Suzuki specific forum or even a Suzuki restoration forum and find some experts?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only substantial used bike parts I've bought was a set of forks for my stepdaughters Marauder, I bought those on ebay, but they all interchange apparently so it was an easy decision...or I was really lucky.

Maybe look for a Suzuki specific forum or even a Suzuki restoration forum and find some experts?
Will have to have a look at that site, thanks for the tips! I've posted on a few Suzuki forums, but people haven't been as forthcoming with information unfortunately!

·
Registered
4 Posts
just measure out the hole where the fork goes in and and fork the measures out the same should fit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts