Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ...Just this weekend I found this bike in a old barn in east Tn covered by a huge pile of lumber .The lights are gone and it's seen better days but it had a 1976 license plate still bolted to it .The owner said it stopped running one day and his kids pushed it into the barn and that it has been there since 1976 so after a little negotiation I brought it home .

I found a broken coil wire and after cleaning the carb and tank she fired right up and ran decent enough for me to decide to restore it back to original condition , I already found a new rear fender and ordered all the new cables and tires ,Also found all the original decals and seat cover all off of e-bay and not too bad on prices either . I'm still looking for a tank in better condition than the one I have that was crushed under the lumber pile .I'll be taking pictures of this total rebuild and will post them along the way .Should be a nice little project for this winter .Once I figuire out how to post them .

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,646 Posts
You have to have 15 or more posts before you can add pictures

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... I'm a Harley guy but I just couldn't help but want to get this old bike back in nice condition and for what I paid for it i thought it would be a great bike to putt around the property on and maybe be a fun project , The problem is by the time I'm done I'll have too much in it to sell even if I wanted too . Anyone know what these sell for in restored original condition ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sometimes the ride is worth more than the investment ! I'm getting older and my days of riding "dirt bikes " shorter I'm not trying to anymore than have a fun little toy .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well ,it's stripped and will be going to the sand blaster this week, I have pics and will post them soon ,I have been finding missing or rusted parts off e-bay and really looking for another one to restore and give t my 32 yo son for Christmas

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm anxious to see the pics and progress, as I just got an 83 XL200R that's in progress and being "commuted" to work at the same time. Good inspiration for me to see your work! :)

·
American Legion Rider
18,989 Posts
Just go to the introductions forum and say hey to a bunch. Piece of cake:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts