Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this bike a few weeks ago. The guy who owned it bought it planning on restoring it, well he either lost his ambition or ran out of money. He gave the bike to me for FREE. It is mostly a complete bike, but it does need some TLC and it came with a clear title.

CB360 Left Side

CB360 Right Side

Looks like somebody took the head off and didn't want to get a new gasket. They put some orange goop on it. I hate this so I will be taking this apart and getting a new gasket kit for it.

Looks like the intakes are dry rotted and the PO put some silicone on it to minimize the leaks. I will be finding some new boots for it.

It has a little over 9100 miles on it.

I know its a little rough, but it was free and I have no time frame that it needs to be completed. I'm going to work on it and if I feel its not worth the money after I get into it, I will just part it out and still make some money off it. But being a complete bike with a title, I feel it deserves to be on the road again.

This will be a slow project but I will update this post when I get more done to it.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
That bike is not too bad. Mine has almost all the chrome peeled off the handlebars. After sitting for 20 years,mine came back to life for 70 bucks in parts. Of course,once it ran,new tires were in order. Once I finally got a new set of pipes, the bike became very strong for its size,and will hit cruising speed in the 3 top gears. At one time or another,there were issues with fuel, ignition,and electrical.
There are many 350 and 360 people here,and you should get plenty of advice if you ask for it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks,

the bike has new tires on it, still have the nubs on them and no dry rot. When on the side stand the engine leaks oil. Im thinking about tearing the motor down, cleaning it out, repaint it and put new gaskets in it. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks like a fun project! Its always nice to not have a time-frame to complete it because you can spend the time it takes to get each part done right.

I'll be following your restoration so I hope you are able to post your progress!
K

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He told me it ran, but I haven't had it running yet. The battery is dead and the gas tank is dirty.

He told me the cam chain was loose and needed replaced, but from reading here I found there is an adjustment bolt for the chain so Im going to try that.

On a side note, I have been getting really interested in these caferacers that I have been seeing on this and other sites. I may try to build one out of this bike. I just like the look of em.

·
Registered
267 Posts
be careful those thing multiply..I started out with 1 for the wife and now I have 3 of them...
I would say that with it having 9k on it and its been sitting it wouldn't hurt to open up the top end and go through that. These bike are notorious for having top end issues.
here's 2 of mine..

pm me if you need some tech advice..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Thanks,

the bike has new tires on it, still have the nubs on them and no dry rot. When on the side stand the engine leaks oil. Im thinking about tearing the motor down, cleaning it out, repaint it and put new gaskets in it. Still trying to figure out what I want to do with it.
You'll want to check the date code on the tires; they do go bad from age, even when they look new. The code is the last four digits of the DOT number.

I also note that you're handlebar has been bent on the left side, judging by the crease next to the riser cap. Still, a clean bike to restore.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@ WintrSol - You guys don't miss anything, you are correct, the handle bar is bend a little on the left side. It was laid down, there is road rash on the headlight on the left side also.

The tires are in good, they were put on a year ago when the guy I got it from bought it. It was then kept in the garage.

@ sure - those are a couple great looking bikes, I'm leaning towards the top bike as the style I'm going with mine. As for multiplying, I have that problem with garden tractors, my garage is filled with em. One of the hazards of being a scrap collector. :)

@ Geometry - I love free stuff, I get most of my stuff for free because I'm a scrap collector. I get lawn mowers, lawn tractors, power equipment, and sometimes a motorcycle. I have gotten many motorcycles over the years but this is the first one with a title, and in PA, if you don't have a title its not worth working on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, like most people money is very tight, this project will move slow but will get done eventually. School comes first.

Made this to keep the bike to the side of the shop. This way I can move it to the center when I am working on it and off to the side when other projects take priority.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.