Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had good spark and had it running. my throttle cable was sticking open. so i pulled out the end at the carb with the slide and cleaned it real good.(took the seat off to do this). the throttle cable was still sticking so i took off the throttle grip which required loosening and wedging apart the upper and lower halves of the kill/switch and headlight switch assembly.i cleaned the throttle twist assembly and greased it so it moves properly. put it back together and i have no spark. is it likely i disturbed something under the tank, thereby losing a ground? the headlight switch assembly is attached to a wire that runs through the handlebars. that wire is barely long enough to make it to the switch, so it was stretched a little as i wedged it open. since the kill switch is in there,too, maybe i lost a connection in there? any help is much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it was the kill switch. if this happens to your cb125 you can bypass the switch by taking the headlight out of its bucket and connecting the bk/w wire to the 4 bk wires that are all joined together.this renders the kill switch inoperative, so you can only turn off the ignition with the key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts