Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Material property Font Auto part Circle
Art Font Painting Pattern Circle
I'm attempting to rebuild a 1974 Suzuki RL250 Exacta. The issue: I'm struggling to accept that the floats do not attach. Obviously they do have UP printed on one side, and the carb diagram shows that they just kind of sit there. Weighing against all that is the observation that the carb body doesn't particularly have a sweet spot where these floats sit during reassembly. The only carbs I've rebuilt are 21st century manufactured, so this looks strange to me. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,715 Posts
Ah shoot! Now I see it. The floats ride up and down on those spindles. This is what happens when your father-in-law hands you a carburetor, in pieces, in a box.

was just getting ready to tell you the pins in the bowl align the floats, and the float arm should be above the (top side)of the float pins.

good catch!

·
Registered
NRA Life Member
1,715 Posts
yes I agree these designs were a great operating design...(y)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it to start! Gas is still pouring out of the bottom of the bowl (through a vent tube), no throttle response (just wide open), obviously rear shocks are gone, front forks need rebuilt, end piece on the muffler is missing, and neutral is all the way down (no half-a-click-up from 1st). But ... I'll take this as today's little victory.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just buy a new Carb ! 🤣

1 - 7 of 7 Posts