Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my 1970s MT250 I got this after it was thrown in a bin from a hoarders house that got cleaned up. It has a Suzuki RM seat, tank and fenders (sprayed black for some reason). All the electrical system was pulled out except for the ignition system and I'm trying to get this bike running again.

This bike will spark only if one person flicks the switch up and down repeatedly while another kicks the starter. (The switch used to be a key).

The electrical system is a black/white wire coming from the generator area then passes through a switch strait to the condenser/coil.

All of the battery, lights, gauges and horn
got removed before I owned the bike.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Don't think those are MT forks, you have a Bitsa.
Pull the flywheel that is hanging right out there on the left side and make it all nice behind there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think those are MT forks, you have a Bitsa.
Pull the flywheel that is hanging right out there on the left side and make it all nice behind there.
Yeah I'm gonna have to get a puller and rip of rip off that flywheel and Im not sure what forks they are either.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I was going by the forks & brake. Can't think of anything I've seen with orange painted bars. I had Blue painted ones on a Yamaha once, they broke real easy. I think if I was buying parts for your forks or brakes I would try a Suzuki dealer, if they still sell stuff for bikes that old. ... it is questionable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going by the forks & brake. Can't think of anything I've seen with orange painted bars. I had Blue painted ones on a Yamaha once, they broke real easy. I think if I was buying parts for your forks or brakes I would try a Suzuki dealer, if they still sell stuff for bikes that old. ... it is questionable.
Yeah they probably don't , never wanted it to be nice because there's too much of the bike missing. When I first got the bike the kick start was broken and to get parts I contacted honda they had nothing so I had to buy off cmsl. But yeah just want to get it started.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts