Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after painstaking hours of thinking and messing with my 1973 Suzuki TS185 i am extremely proud to say she is finally alive and well as of yesterday. how did you finally get it to work you may ask. well after cleaning the carb had no affect i took the carb back off and planned to get a new petcock and carb rebuild kit. this was about 3 months ago when i ordered a chinese petcock from ebay and a KEYSTER carb kit from a different website. it took 3 months for me to get the carb kit from georgia and about a week and a half for the petcock from thailand. yesterday i finally attached the petcock, put the new shiny parts in the carb and threw it all together. i gave it 3 good choked kits and she roared to life. i let the choke off and feathered at the throttle then let off to see what would happened. SHE IDLED!!!!!!!! i was so happy you probly have no idea what that feels like. i have been riding her immensely for these past 2 days and am enjoying every second of learning to ride a manual bike. ive gotten mostly use to the clutchwork and shifting the only problem i am having is when wanting to stop and turn off the bike i absolutely can't find neutral. i easily find it when the bike is off or dead but when i want to put it in neutral instead of letting the clutch out fast (and lurching the bike forward an inch) but its like its absolutely not there. i guess ill just kill it in 1st for now. also a bigger problem than that is the carb bowl gasket that came in the keyster kit didnt fit right. so when i tried to make it fit it broke. so i am using the old one (which makes the carb drip gas) until my dad gets some sealant. Anyways i love this old bike and it runs like the day it was produced. im sure i can get another 4 years out of it before i have to sell it. Now that i have and am riding my first real motorcycle. i might as well sell the CT70. happy and safe riding everyone

·
Registered
200 Posts
Did you try getting the correct float bowl gasket from Suzuki? It should be inexpensive.

Using sealant to stop a fuel link is usually an exercise in futility.

Glad to hear it is running.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How fast have you gotten it to go?
well i have to mount the speedometer next weekend but it feels like ive gotten about 60mph. its weird though whenever in 4th or 5th gear if you give it like 3/4 throttle it will start to die and bogg, this is fixed by letting off the throttle a tiny but but it still annoys me. maybe it has an internal governor to save the engine from ruining?

·
Registered
6 Posts
1969 Tc 120

Hi, I just got a Suzuki TC 120. DOes anyone else have a model like that. I noticed they are named after animals. Like Cat, Bear, etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts